back to previous page
Seaweek Cruise 26 Jan 2017
There are a lot of exciting events happening in Akaroa over Seaweek 2017, and one of these is a very special cruise that we are hosting with marine scientists from the New Zealand Whale and Dolphin Trust.
Whilst cruising around Akaroa harbour and visiting the marine reserves, take a once in a lifetime opportunity to join and learn from marine scientists Tom Brough & Jesu Valdes. Learn about;
- Hector’s dolphins in detail.
- Banks Peninsula and why it is so important for dolphins and other wildlife.
- Where the hotspots for dolphins are and why.
- Habitat types and oceanographic processes occurring at Banks Peninsula.
- Tools of the trade used for research.
- The future direction of the Hectors dolphin research.
Tom & Jesu will give a commentary during the cruise, and also happily chat and answer questions throughout about their research at Banks Peninsula and beyond.
All proceeds Akaroa Dolphins receive from this cruise will go to the New Zealand Whale & Dolphin Trust to support their future conservation efforts of the Hector’s Dolphin.
Saturday 4th March 2017
5.30pm – 8.00pm (approx. finish time)
$100.00 per person (includes a drink and nibbles)
There are a strictly limited small number of spaces available for this cruise. To book or for more information contact: Akaroa Dolphins on 03 304 7866 or at email@example.com